Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Eight is Great!

This little guy turned 8 years old today. I told him this is where he stops getting bigger! He's at such a fun stage - exploring and discovering new things, his is personality starting to form, he still loves giving and receiving hugs and kisses... I want him to stay here forever!

I never dreamed it was possible to love someone else's child as my own. But that is exactly what happened with Cody. He has become such a huge part of my life, worming his way into my heart and grabbing hold!

I love the moments in the truck when we share a favourite song or when he recognizes a Paul McCartney song. I love it when we see a Beetle driving down the street and we call out "love bug" and blow each other a kiss. I savour the moments cuddled on the couch with a book. I am so grateful for the tender moments we share, the times he grabs my hand and tells me he loves me or wants to run and jump into a bear hug. I am blessed to have this little life to pour into and it spills back onto me.

So, today we celebrate this wonderful redhead that God has blessed us with. He is truly special and I can't wait to see what's in store for him.

No comments: