Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Love Letters

Rather than writing our own wedding vows, Devin & I stuck to the traditional vows. However, we did write secret love letters to each other that were read aloud during the ceremony. It was my favourite moment of the day!

Devin's letter to me:

To the one who found me.


Janice, the Lord works in amazing ways, last year he stirred your heart to try something you never thought you’d do or want….. to take a chance on one and a half men. And you had the courage to follow his calling with a man and his little red headed boy. 

It was nearly two years ago that I had prayed for the first time in my life that the Lord would show me His will for my life and provide me with the woman He knew I needed and that I would know without a doubt that it was His doing. Janice, you are that answered prayer. I have been swept off my feet by you. It has been one of the greatest experiences of my life in getting to know you and your family. 

I love how intentional you are in all that you do, how passionate you are for the things and people you love, your tenderness, sincerity, stunning beauty, and your character. But above all else, that you put God first in your life, for I know that if you have a good, strong relationship with the Lord, He will show you how to have a good strong relationship with me and Cody. 

I look forward to sharing all the days of my life with you, side by side, and to honor you and my family in all that I do. I love you forever and for always.

Love Devin

And my letter to him:


For many years, I was searching for what my heart yearned for. A husband to journey life with. A partner that would love me unconditionally and with intention. A connection far deeper than any I’ve experienced with another person.


However, I just didn’t seem to be able to make that connection. As I expressed in a 2013 blog post, I longed to drink from one deep well but was forced to satisfy this thirst with 1000 dixie cups.



When I met you, I knew that I had finally found the oasis in the desert. I found someone with a passionate heart for the Lord, a desire to be a wonderful husband and who is the most loving and caring Daddy I know. 


In the past year, God has shown His faithfulness in such big ways to me. My desire to be both a wife and a mom has been fulfilled in one fell swoop. He has provided all that I have desired but in much different packaging than I ever expected. 


You may have recognized the song I chose earlier this morning – Blessed Assurance. I have always loved this hymn, but in the past year, the chorus of this song has been on my heart and on my lips many many times. This is my story, this is my song. Praising my saviour all the day long.


Each of our lives has a story and this is mine. I am forever grateful to the author of this story. I can’t wait to see how it unfolds.


My heart is full and I am thrilled to spend the rest of our days together. I’m keeping you forever and for always.

No comments: