Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Thanks Steve Jobs

I have always enjoyed a close relationship with my brother John, but he's never been really big on communication. Face to face is just fine, but we have not had a lot of phone conversations until the past year. Thanks Steve Jobs.

Pre-iPhone - borrowed his wife Karen's phone.
Last spring I decided to upgrade my iPhone. It was getting a bit long in the tooth and I had completed my contract with Bell. I was ready to switch to Koodo and get a new phone. I thought John was a great candidate for my old phone. He had never actually had a cell phone before, so he wouldn't mind if it was an "older" model. I told him my plan and he seemed quite enthused. Just how enthused I would not fully appreciate until he had possession of the phone!

He has taken to this new technology like a duck to water. Which, incidentally, is his text tone. Yep...quacking ducks. Appropriate for Mr. Outdoors.

This iPhone has improved our communication exponentially! He can send me a quick text when he thinks of something. When he's waiting to pick one of the kids up, he can kill some time with a phone chat. He has even shocked me by starting an Instagram account and most recently Facebook! I never thought I'd see the day.

No comments: