Thursday, July 30, 2015

Happy Birthday Peanut!

It's hard to believe that an entire decade has passed since this little Peanut entered my life. I can clearly remember the day he was born...

First of all...he was two weeks early! I was in the middle of the biggest project to date at work. Not only were we rebranding from The New PL to A-Channel, but we were also changing graphics systems at the same time. For the Graphics Coordinator of the newsroom...that was a tall order. But, I felt confident and up to the challenge. Until I got the phone call. We were just finishing up the evening newscast when Jo-Anne called to let me know they were on their way to the hospital. What?!? Seriously? If this is a joke, it's not funny. No, it was definitely not a joke. She was in labour.

I cleared my schedule with my (accommodating) supervisor and headed for St. Joe's. This was a moment I had been anticipating since finding out about the Peanut on December 24! Despite arriving "early" he took his time with the delivery. We spent many hours on those hard benches in the waiting room. However, it was all worth it when I entered the room and saw that adorable little bundle.

Jesse has always had a special place in my heart. He's the only kid that I've been in the waiting room for. He is curious - asking questions and being "hands on". He is loving and sweet. He is funny. He loves science and exploring and is really great at figuring out how things work.

I am so blessed to have Jesse Harding Koiter for my nephew. We have had some super fun moments over the years and I look forward to many more!

No comments: