Wednesday, July 15, 2015

16 Candles

There are milestone birthdays in everyone's life. I clearly remember turning 16 because it meant I could get my driver's license. I turned 19 in France. Of course turning 30 carried its own consequences!

Today, my niece Abigail Elizabeth marks a milestone as she turns 16. I am so proud of the beautiful young lady she has grown to be. I realize that calling her a "young lady" makes me sound old...but that is what she is! John & Karen have done an awesome job parenting and stewarding this girl to where she is now.

I became an auntie when Abby was born, so she holds a special place in my heart. We've had lots of fun over the years with sleepovers, picnics, special outings, etc. I'm thrilled that she has developed such a love of music (playing the guitar, piano, trombone and learning more!) and is quite the little performer!

Happy birthday Abigail as you mark this milestone. Now, stay off the roads everyone! :)

No comments: