Monday, October 13, 2014

Family


In the beginning, there was family. For the first few years of my life, family was all I knew. Growing up on a farm, my playmates were my siblings. The audience at my puppet show was my grandma. My mom coloured with me and taught me to read. My dad toted me around in his truck when he went to the mill.

But, as I got older and went to school, my circle expanded. And it keeps expanding. Over the years, I have been so fortunate to have such amazing people enter my life and invest in who I am.

When it comes down to it, though, it is my family that take the number one priority spot. These are people that have known me and loved me from the day I came into the world. We share memories of growing up together - the good and the bad.

This is what I'm thankful for this weekend. The people that make up my family. Who they are to me. The people they have become. I know I'm a sentimental, but I just can't help it. That's who I am!

We recently had some family photos done at the farm and I was so pleased with the results. Chris and Lynda Sit were a lot of fun to work with and the pictures will be treasured for years to come.

No comments: