Friday, July 25, 2014

Take Me Out To The Ball Game!

Last week we celebrated Josh's birthday with a trip to Labatt Park to see the London Majors. It was my first time to a Majors' game and we had so much fun.

Josh has been playing baseball since the early years of Tball, so I thought this would be something we could both enjoy. After a back yard BBQ we hit Marble Slab for our own creation of ice cream. It's always fun to combine several of your favourites to invent your own flavour. Josh had peanut butter ice cream with Mars bar & Reece's Pieces. I had chocolate ice cream with Reece's peanut butter cup. (too traditional? Maybe, but it was tasty!)

When we got to the park, we found a spot behind home plate. It was a beautiful night to be outside watching London take on Kitchener. Fortunately, our team was ahead the whole evening. Along the way, Josh filled me in on the rules and why certain things were happening. Typically a quiet kid, if you get him talking about the right topic, he can keep the conversation going!

One of those topics is fishing. That boy loves to fish. Which is no surprise if you've met his father. What I love about talking to either of them about fishing is the way their eyes light up. You can just feel their passion for it. I heard all about the destination for our upcoming fishing trip, what kind of fish we'll catch, what you need to use to catch them, which ones are more fun to catch and which ones taste the best. I love this kid.

The best part about this birthday tradition is seeing the personality emerge in these little people and I'm always impressed with what I see.

No comments: