Friday, July 19, 2013

Questing

It's hard to believe, but 14 years have passed since Abigail Elizabeth made her way into the world and I became an aunt. I have always loved that title and loved spending time with this little bundle of joy. We've done some pretty cool stuff over the years (including seeing the Wiggles - a first time for both of us!) and this weekend we continued that tradition.

To celebrate Abby's 14th birthday we did an Urban Quest around London. Urban Quests are kinda like a scavenger hunt/amazing race-type deal. It's a really fun way to explore a new city or the one you live in. It took us about 2 hours to make our way around downtown, solving puzzles and searching for answers hidden in the architecture. Along the way I got to hear stories about what's happening with this recent grade 8 grad.

What a fun afternoon! We finished off with a late lunch on a patio and frozen yogurt on the way home.

I love these special days, set aside for celebrating my favourite kids. It gives me a great chance to spend one-on-one time with them and make some great memories too.

Abby, you have become such an amazing teenager! Don't change, my dear. Love you!




No comments: