Sunday, April 21, 2013

MacGyver & co.

This week my Uncle Doug and Aunt Carmelle will move to Nova Scotia. I must say, this makes me sad.

I did not see a lot of them when I was growing up, just at the Murray Christmas once a year and perhaps a sprinkling of times in between. However, as an adult, I've loved connecting with them.

When I bumped into them at an Ashley MacIsaac concert, back in the day, I knew we were kindred spirits!

Uncle Doug is like a hairy MacGyver. I swear, he can jerry-rig just about anything. This was clearly demonstrated when I used his outdoor shower last summer or when Carol Ann called from Kuwait to ask for help with her sink. With the help of Skype, he talked her through it!

Carmelle is the epitome of chillax. She's a home body that loves her garden, cooking some amazing meals and keeping the home fires burning. OK, I don't even know what that last statement means but it seems appropriate! LOL

In addition, they are the parents of one of my favourite cousins :)

I know they have been looking forward to retirement and moving to the east coast. I'm so happy they are making this dream a reality. Although, I must say we are going to miss you guys!!!

xoxo

No comments: