Tuesday, February 26, 2013

25 Years - Built Ford Tough

Hard to believe but it was 25 years ago that my brother John landed his first job. He was in high school and started working Wednesday evenings at Grogan Ford. That job led to a career as a Ford Class A mechanic.

Before Christmas John was commenting to me that his 25th anniversary was coming up. After sufficient reminiscing, I asked what the date was so I could put it on my calendar. I knew that I wanted to mark the milestone but I wasn't sure how. Obviously if it was my sister, I would send flowers. However, sending flowers to the garage just didn't seem to be a good idea.

I decided on cookies. I just happen to have a car shaped cookie cutter that looks more like a VW Beetle, but I used blue icing to Ford-ify them. My friend Char helped me with the icing and Mom & Dad acted as delivery agents.

I'm super proud of my brother. Congrats on the hard work and dedication. Love you loads.

No comments: