Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Here's To Dad...

This weekend people everywhere gathered around BBQs and picnic tables to celebrate dads. Dads play a huge role in our lives and our relationship with our father can have lasting impacts. Unfortunately there are a lot of absent dads, which leaves a gaping hole in forming one's character.

My dad is a straight shooter. He's a hard working farmer. He's an inventive jack-of-all-trades. He observes more than he speaks. Despite his exterior, he is sentimental. He is conservative and cautious proving slow and steady wins the race. He needs time to process things and is sometimes not the best communicator. He has years of life experience adding to his dad cred. He is my dad and I love him.

I am made up with 50% of his DNA which could possibly be why we have clashed sometimes over the years. We may not see eye to eye on every subject but as we get older, dare I say more mature, we see things differently. Maybe he's used to my spontaneous and frivolous tendencies and maybe I am willing to accept that we are different. But despite our differences I'm sending a big shout out to my dad. Love you loads!

No comments: