Thursday, April 26, 2012

Tradition

I'm gearing up for this Saturday's annual town-wide yard sale day in Petrolia. I'm not sure when it started but it's been around as long as I can remember. Not only is it fun to wander around town, sorting through other people's junk in search of a treasure...but it becomes a social event. A reunion of sorts. I have attended with old friends, new friends, and family. I particularly remember the year Lisa bought a thigh master or when Sue & I stayed over at Connie's just days after finding out Madison was joining the family.

Hope the weather holds out this year because, after all, when else can you buy a hot dog from a stranger on their front lawn at 8am?

1 comment:

amy said...

We'll be sad to miss it this year. I rarely ever buy anything, it's all about socializing for me!!