Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Olga Murray AKA: Grammie


Yesterday marked a special day. It was eighty-five years ago that my Grammie was born!

This adorable senior holds a very special place in my heart. From playing with barbie dolls when we were little to traveling to a warbride reunion with her, we have shared some very special memories (just search "Grammie" at the bottom of the blog!).

She always makes me laugh... without even trying. She takes life as it comes and adapts to whatever is thrown her way. She came to Canada when she was just 19 years old and pregnant with her first of 6 children. A whole new way of life - new country, new husband, new traditions.

I know she doesn't think so, but she has been an inspiration to me and so glad when I see an "Olga-ism" pop up in my own life :)

POST SCRIPT: Grammie's birthday was actually January 5 but by the time I got the photos uploaded to this post, it's posting on January 11.

No comments: