Saturday, December 31, 2011

Turning A Page

Hard to believe, but 2011 is over in just a few hours. As I look back on the past year, I'd say that overall it was a good one but I'm looking forward to what 2012 has to offer!

This year started off with my finishing off my program at Fanshawe. Well, more accurately I was about half finished. The candle was burning at both ends, but I did survive and even won an award for my efforts! I met some really great friends during my time at Fanshawe and glad I returned to the classroom!

In February, I headed to Florida with my friend Kim for spring break. It was a welcomed reprieve from my crazy schedule. Soon after it was my birthday and then I was finishing up school! In hindsight, it flew by. Thanks to my friend Duane for encouraging me to count down the days and telling me that if he could do it, I could do it!

Probably the biggest event for me this year was buying my first home! What an exciting (and sometimes stressful) ride. Most of the spring/summer was spent packing, moving, unpacking and settling in. It has felt like home since the moment I first entered. I love it! A special thanks to my parents who have helped me every step of the way, even with cleaning the eaves :)

With September comes the Toronto Film Festival. This year was particularly star-studded including Bono & The Edge as well as Brangelina, George Clooney, Ryan Gosling and Keiffer Sutherland. What fun Lisa and I had. A great annual tradition.

Well, that about ends my recap of 2011. If you're reading this, you probably know about all the bumps and highlights along the way anyway! Wishing you all the best in 2012. Happy New Year.

No comments: