Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Tunes

Nothing says nostalgia like Christmas music. There is just one time of the year when those old favourites are pulled out and many carry with them cherished memories from years gone by.

It seems that anyone with a recording career has put out a holiday album with countless collections also available at your fingertips. But when it comes down to it...do you prefer tried and true? Or new pop sensation?

I was contemplating this today while listening to my "Christmas" playlist on my ipod. I have a collection of new and old in that list including James Taylor, Tony Bennett and Dave Matthews Band. But I must say that my favourite Christmas album is The Carpenters Christmas Portrait. It is heavy on the traditional but I just love Karen Carpenter's voice.

I anticipate picking up Michael Bublé's Christmas album this year and maybe Justin Bieber's Under The Mistletoe. LOL...just kidding.

So...what's your favourite Christmas album?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I actually really love Roch Voisinne's Christmas CD.