Sunday, October 16, 2011

Wisconsin

Another weekend, another date with my nieces and nephews. This time it was Madison's turn. Her birthday is actually in February but she was in Florida for her birthday. Then she returned when I was busy finishing up school...and then I bought a house...and finally we celebrated in October!

Our first idea was to make a scrapbook. Madison really likes crafts and I thought that would be something fun to do together. However, once I saw the forecast for the weekend, I knew we had to be outside. We opted to go apple picking at Apple Land. We had a great time with perfectly sunny skies. We picked apples, rode the train, had a picnic lunch, saw the animals and finally headed home.

We decided to make apple crisp with some of our apples and Madison did all the reading, measuring and mixing. All Auntie Janice did was use the knife to peel and cut the apples. It turned out great and she was able to take it home to share with Mommy & Daddy.

We had such a fun day together, I can't wait to do it again. Happy belated birthday Madison. I'm so happy you decided to join our family eight years ago :)

1 comment:

Carol-Ann said...

She's definitely her mamma's daughter; got the baking knack already! I can't believe how big she is!!!