Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Pancake Potluck!

Last Tuesday was Shrove Tuesday/Pancake Day/Mardi Gras....it has a lot of names and quite honestly, not a lot of people know what any of them mean. However, if it means eating pancakes...I'm in!

My idea started by wondering how I could make pancakes at work for my dinner break. This expanded to include co-workers and blossomed into a full-fledged potluck party!

As I pitched the idea to people on the evening shift ...it was met with great enthusiasm! We've never really tackled this kind of event before and people were pumped for pancakes. Everyone was assigned something to bring, including 5 griddles!
As soon as the news was over, everyone sprang into action - moving tables, pulling out extension cords, setting up griddles, rearranging extension cords when we kept tripping breakers and finally frying up the bacon, sausages and pancakes! It was fantastic! We had three flavours - banana, blueberry and chocolate chip...and plain if you prefer. Somebody even brought in a latte machine to complete the whole "breakfast experience".

It was an overwhelming success with emails flying about the next day wondering what our next themed potluck should be. Good times. I love that I work with such awesome people :)

No comments: