Saturday, January 23, 2010

Full Time Student!

Today I stepped into the unknown. I officially applied to be a full time student in September. For several months, I've been considering going back to school for Corporate Communications and Public Relations. The last few years have been really uncertain in my industry and I've been saying I need a Plan B. After lots and lots of ideas, but not a lot of follow through...this program came along. It was actually my friend & coworker Scrappy that suggested it to me. We perused the courses, job prospects, etc. and decided it was a great match with my skills and experience.

Last week I started 2 online classes at Fanshawe. With the expectation to go to school full time AND work full time in September, I'm trying to lighten the full time load by taking some classes now. Hopefully it all works out :)

In the meantime, I've got my Kermit messenger bag & notebooks all set. I was even offered a student discount at Moksha Yoga!

No comments: