Thursday, February 05, 2009

Daily Photo Project (January)


My project for 2009 is to take a daily photograph of myself for an entire year. This idea transpired and morphed from a couple of different sources. A few months ago, I heard a feature on CBC radio's "spark". They introduced us to a man that took a daily polaroid photograph for 18 years. http://photooftheday.hughcrawford.com/ They were not necessarily photos of himself, but there was one for each day and there were no "do-overs". Years after he passed away, a friend of his scanned them all and posted them online. I was intrigued by this.

Part of my idea also came from reading AJ Jacobs book The Year of Living Biblically. http://www.ajjacobs.com/books/yolb In the book, he tries to follow every rule in the Bible, literally. Part of this includes him not trimming his facial hair, so he had a photo layout showing the change in his beard each month. This inspired me.

So, on New Years Eve, I decided I would use the built-in camera in my computer to take a daily photograph of myself. I would do no do-overs and I wouldn't get upset if I missed a day because, let's face it...that's going to be a lot of photos! Missing a day here and there won't hurt :D

So, here is the month of January!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I left a comment in January. What happened to it?

Janice said...

I'm not sure...I didn't see a comment. What was the comment? And who left it?