Monday, December 08, 2008

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas




This weekend my apartment took on a decidedly Christmas feel. The jigsaw puzzle that is my storage closet was dismantled one box at a time until we retrieved the tree and all the ornaments. I thought that was tough... Once we brought everything into my apartment, we had to re-arrange furniture several times before finding a way that everything would fit, somewhat normally. It was tricky but I think I'm happy with the results.

It's always fun putting up the tree and seems to "officially" start the Christmas season. I bought candy cane eggnog (still deciding if I like it) and had a chocolate fondue to help set the mood. After de-tangling the lights and carefully stretching out a couple of extension cords, we had lights.

An artificial tree with only lights looks a little pathetic, but as the ornaments slowly made their way onto the tree, it started to look pretty good! I just bought some new ornaments at Sam's Club a few weeks ago and I really like them. At the same time we were decorating, we were figuring out my new camera and its features. Check out the panoramic shot I did this morning. You take 3 photos in a row and it combines them! So cool.

So, the tree is up, the stockings are hung (I love that I have a "fireplace") and some presents are under the tree. Lookin' good!

No comments: