Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Making it Homey



Since the big move a few weeks ago, my TV has been sitting on a little table in the corner with cables spewing everywhere. (as you can see in the photo in my previous post) It was kind of driving me crazy so Saturday Jason & I headed out to find a solution. After an amazing lunch at Waldo's, we started looking. First off - Tepperman's. Apparently they do not fit the lifestyle of my home. No luck. Next stop: EQ3. Nada. Sears Home...nothing. The Brick? Nope. How about Leon's? Ummm, no. I had an idea in my mind that I wanted a corner unit that could hold my movies but not have them open and on display. I was not finding this at any of these places. Mostly they were offering plasma TV stands.

Jason suggested Walmart. Really? Walmart? Are you kidding? I had to pick up a few other things so we headed there. Would you believe it...the first TV stand I saw was exactly what I had in my mind. AWESOME! And as a bonus, I got Jason's staff discount. We loaded it up in the cart and headed home. It took about 2 hours but we finally got it assembled and all my stuff loaded in. I'm so pleased with the results. Take a look.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great Jan...nice colour with your new chairs!

Anonymous said...

your place looks great! I notice the toilet print hasn't made it to the bathroom yet?!

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness the toilet print hasn't made it to the bathroom. All else looks amazingly exciting!! Can't wait to see it in person.

Janice said...

what the heck is wrong with the toilet print? It's in storage for now, but I like it!! It's a Ben Skinner original! Apparently everyone hates it :(

Anonymous said...

Very funky and creative toilet print enjoyed by discerning fans.


Ben Skinner