Thursday, April 20, 2006

Wow, so much has happened since my last post! One week after the surprise party at Wayne & Sharon's, EIGHT bikers were found murdered just down the road from them! Crazy stuff! I got called in to work and was shocked to hear why. That week, Lynne Harper's body had been exhumed (a high-profile murder case in our area from 50 years ago) and I thought there was some kind of announcement that they had found some DNA to clear Steven Truscott. It was quite exhilarating to be in the newsroom during such a huge story. We were fielding calls from news media from all over...it even made news in China, New Zealand and England.

In other news, Char & I started taking line dance lessons! he he. I know most of you are probably laughing, but it is pretty fun. And difficult. Many times, I'm just standing there with a lost look on my face. I'm hoping the whole experience gives me some rhythm and a little confidence on the dance floor.

Next week I'm starting a Photoshop course at Fanshawe College. I'm pretty excited about it. It all came about after my Performance Development Review at work. I suggested that everything I do in photoshop has been self-taught and could be much better if I had proper training. So, the next week, I was signed up for a class at Fanshawe. I start next Wednesday and will perhaps post some of my projects here.

Also in the last few weeks, one of my favourite co-workers left the company. After a lot of bullying and personal belittling, he had enough and decided to call it quits. He's one of the funniest people I know and I miss him tremendously!

No comments: