Wednesday, March 01, 2006

TV, Film, etc.

Last night was the premier of my favourite show! The Amazing Race. If you haven't watched it (where have you been?) you should! It is the best reality show out there. Check it out. Tuesday nights on CBS @ 9pm.

Also yesterday, Walk The Line came out on DVD. I went out on my lunch to get it. When I returned, I realized there is actually a "special edition" version, which of course, I HAD to have! So, Char & I went to Costco to get the Collector's Edition. I picked up a copy for my friend Jeff who hasn't even seen the movie yet, but is going on my glowing recommendation (and probably the fact that he really likes Johnny Cash has something to do with it too) We're going to watch it on Friday night. If you haven't seen it, it's a great movie. Normally, Joaquin Phoenix would be a natural for an Oscar, but I've heard that Philip Seymour Hoffman is going to get it for his role in Capote. I haven't seen this movie, so I can't comment.

I need some suggestions... I lent my friend Derek a video (John Lennon Tribute taped from TV...so I can't buy it) and my Johnny Cash biography in the summer of 2004. He lives in Toronto, so we don't see each other often. I asked repeatedly for about the past 6 months for him to please return them. He "forgets" every time and now he's ignoring my e-mail. I guess I'll never see them again, and possibly Derek. I just find it really irritating that I trusted him to borrow these items and return them in a decent amount of time. If he's lost them, I wish he'd just tell me. How frustrating.

Today is the first day of Lent. A few years ago I decided to give up chocolate for Lent. Wow, was that ever tough. Especially since my birthday is in the middle of it! (ok, I cheated that one day) This year, I've decided not to repeat the no-chocolate routine. I didn't even have pancakes yesterday! I totally forgot it was Pancake Tuesday!

Dave Matthews Band just announced a June concert in Toronto...anyone interested? It's at Molson Amphitheatre.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You will see the video and book again. Very soon. You'll see me again too, if you don't hate me.