Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Jacob Moon



I saw the most phenomenal guitar-player on Sunday night. His name is Jacob Moon and he is from the Hamilton area. I first saw him about 2 years ago and have been telling my friends about him since! His CD is great, but until you see him live, you can't fully appreciate his incredible talent. His fingers fly over the frets and strum, pick and slap the strings. He plays alone, but makes it sound like there are at least 3 or 4 playing with him!

http://www.jacobmoon.com/video/leaving.html

I'm not sure of technical terms, but he uses a little foot-pedal to "record" certain parts and them plays them back and layers on top of himself. It is SO COOL! He played a Peter Gabriel song "Come Talk To Me" and got this really cool sound by "slapping" the strings. So amazing. As a bonus, he played a Paul Simon song, (my favourite artist) Under African Skies. He is coming back to London in January, so if you're in the area, you should plan on going to see him.

I also coined a new word on the weekend. Following a misunderstanding, I came up with "indecitis" which, of course, the disease where you can't decide anything! Feel free to use it in future conversations.

No comments: